06 May 2010

Cheer Fun Dress!


A couple of weeks ago we celebrated the end of the 2009-2010 cheer season with the annual cheer banquet. The dress requirements for the cheerleaders was something close to semi-formal. I knew right away that I wanted to sew something custom for my younger Princesses to wear. After careful consideration on whether or not cotton fabrics would be "dressy" enough, I decided to move ahead with the cotton fabrics in my stash. I had previously purchased "cheer friendly" fabric for projects I just never really got around to completing (or starting!) I used a purple (looks blue in my photos, DANG!) fabric with stars which matched the purple in the cheer uniforms. I thought this fabric was perfect because the older cheer teams have a star on their uniforms. I also used some solid black fabric and the cheer staple - ZEBRA print.
I found the perfect (translate=easy) pattern at YouCanMakeThis.com. I purchased the pattern for Simple Sunday Dress and got to work. 
I found silver, sparkly shoes at Payless Shoe Source which my Princesses LOVED. The shoes were worn without socks or tights and seemed to fit very comfy; no complaining or whiny Princesses! I really wanted to pull this outfit off with leggings and found the perfect black with silver sparkle leggings at Wal-Mart on sale for $2. So of course I bought 6 pair in various colors. A quick trip to Claires produced the perfect silver and zebra hair accessories.

I LOVE the bow!
I ran a quick stop to a local embroidery shop and asked them to stitch "ELITE" on the bodice. I trusted the pros there to select the perfect font size and positioning. KUDOS to West Sportswear in Smithfield, VA.
"MOM! Are you done YET?!?! The sun is in my eyes!"
The Princesses enjoyed their new outfits and particularly LOVED the sparkle factor!
The cheer banquet was a nice time shared by all. Emotional, tearful and joyful!
(Congratulations to the graduating seniors! ) 
If you live in the Hampton Roads area and are interested in your child(ren) participating in an All Star Cheerleading Program and want to belong to the #1 gym for levels 3, 4 & 5, then visit ELITE CHEER SENSATION!

Cheer favorite, ZEBRA PRINT dress worn by the Teenage Princess!






No comments:

Post a Comment