19 November 2009

Pittsburgh Steelers TuTu!


Recently I was asked to sew a TuTu. The request was for a Pittsburgh Steelers themed TuTu for a little princess to wear in a pageant. As I contemplated the options, my brain began to clutter with so many FUN ideas!  The following is a description of what I created!

Yards and yards of Glitter Tulle in Steelers yellow and black combined with soft black tulle make up the skirt.

The TuTu skirt was sewn to a pair of cotton Steelers yellow capris I sewed. A sequined ribbon strip was sewn to the sides of the legs to imitate the Pittsburgh Steeler's uniform.

I couldn't resist...so I added the same 'signature' Big Bow to the capris and TuTu that I have added to all of my recent garments. The Big Bow is made from the Steeler yellow fabric from the capris and black Steelers print cotton fabric. I LOVE THE BIG BOW!

Our friend, the Pageant Princess will wear this Pittsburgh Steelers TuTu with a Steelers jersey. This outfit will be featured when her and her mommy walk down the runway in a Mommy & Me segment of the pageant. 'Mommy' will be dressed as a football referee. I cannot wait to see (and share) their pictures.
 



8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! It's absolutely perfect for a Steelers fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goldmine. You're sittin' on one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You.... It looks adorable on her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen! So makes me wish I had a daughter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is this some thing that you would make and sell. Sorry, not a steelers fan (Go Vikes) however our high school colors and black and gold (steelers gold) and I would love a couple of these for my daughters (adult small size) for dress up days. Just a plain black waist would be perfect. Let me know. michelle11s@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete